The Lyme Disease Association of Australia
The LDAA is an association committed to:
Advocacy for people and families living with Lyme Disease
Gathering support to educate and lobby governments, doctors and the community
Being a source of connection to international developments, treatments and other Lyme communities
Core fundraising to facilitate improvements for people living Lyme Disease
- Educate the public and medical sector about the risks of Lyme Disease and the need for early diagnosis and treatment (early detection makes this an easily treatable disease).
- To raise awareness of Lyme disease and other tick-borne Illness in Australia.
- Educate doctors and other health professionals about treating Lyme Disease and ongoing patient care through antibiotics, diet and lifestyle changes and complimentary therapies.
- Facilitate better testing and treatment.
- Educate doctors and other health professionals about Lyme Disease in Australia.
- Use the media to alert the public about Lyme Disease in Australia.
- Initiate and facilitate research into Lyme Disease in Australia and learn from US and European experience.
- Collate personal stories which will bring pressure to bear on the Health Department who currently claim there is no Lyme Disease in Australia.
- Highlight the probability that Lyme Disease may be the actual cause of many serious health problems including, Parkinson ’s disease, ALS, (Lou Gehrig’s Disease), Motor Neurone Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Fibromyalgia and M.E./Chronic fatigue Syndrome.
- Invite professional people to support us and join this association.
- Promote tick safety measures to the public for avoiding contracting Lyme Disease and co-infections.
- Fundraising activities to support: education of doctors, facilitate initial testing of individuals querying Lyme, research through Karl McManus Foundation, legal defence and activism.
We will enhance the work already done by T.A.G.S. and others. We believe that together we an bring improvements to the current Lyme situation in Australia.
We invite all Australian Lyme patients, friends and family of Lyme patients, doctors and health professionals to join this wonderful group and add your voice to publicising the reality of Lyme in Australia.